The University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners Co. Ltd. ("us", "we", or "our") has established the following policy regarding the handling of personal information. The definition of terms in this document shall be in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information ("Personal Information Protection Act") and related laws and regulations.
1. Compliance with Related Laws, Regulations and Guidelines.
2. Acquisition of Personal Information
We will acquire personal information obtained in connection with our business by legal and fair means.
3. Purpose for the Use of Personal Information
We will use personal information acquired in connection with our business within the scope of the following purposes of use or within the scope of the purposes of use that are apparent from the circumstances of acquisition, and will not use such information for any other purpose except with the consent of the individual or as permitted by law.
1) Formation and Management of Funds, and Related or Incidental Businesses
To provide information on the fund and related services
To confirm the identity of investors
To report to investors on the management status, etc. of the fund
To sell securities, etc., held by the fund
To perform other administrative work related to the establishment and management of the fund
2) Venture Capital Investment, and Related or Incidental Businesses
To identify candidates for investment
To formulate capital and financial policies, etc. for candidates for investment
To determine whether or not to invest in a candidate company through research and
evaluation of its business potential, technology, and products
To provide information and services provided by us or external support companies for the purpose of consulting and improving the value of the invested company, and to perform other related administrative work.
To perform other administrative work related to venture capital investment operations.
3) Recruitment, and Related or Incidental Businesses
To apply for job openings based on the user's consent and agreement
To provide information on employment and career change and to provide related services
To confirm the status of users during and after the provision of employment, career change, and other services.
To confirm the employment status of the user with the recruiting company
To provide advice and suggestions to recruiting companies for their recruitment plans.
To send notifications and other information related to our business
To listen to opinions, requests, etc. for the purpose of improving our business
To organize, manage, and provide information on services, exhibitions, seminars, and other events
To respond to inquiries, consultations and complaints, and to resolve disputes
To conduct our recruitment activities
To provide personal information to our affiliated companies within the scope of the above purposes of use
4. Outsourcing the Handling of Personal Data
We may consign the handling of personal data to a partner company within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use. However, the personal data to be consigned will be limited to the minimum information necessary to carry out the consigned work.
5. Provision of Personal Data to Third Parties
We will not provide personal data to third parties (excluding contractors), except with the prior consent of the individual or as permitted by law. However, there may be cases where personal data may be shared as follows.
(1) Items of Personal Data to be Shared
Information items within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use among the personal data held by us
(2) Scope of Parties to be Shared
Our affiliated companies and organizations (The University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners Co., Ltd., UTEC Venture Partners Co., Ltd., UTEC 3 Partners Limited Liability Partnership, UTEC Partners Limited Liability Partnership) and external support companies such as financial institutions that work with us to enhance the value of the portfolio companies.
(3) Purposes of Use of the Parties to be Shared
Same as the purpose of use stipulated in Section 3 above
(4) Person Responsible for Information Management at the Time of Joint Use
General Manager of Administration Department, University of Tokyo Edge Capital Partners Co., Ltd.
6. Management of Personal Data
(1) Ensuring the Accuracy of Data Content
We will endeavor to keep personal data accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use, and to delete the relevant personal data when it is no longer necessary.
(2) Safety Management Measures
We will take necessary and appropriate measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data and for other safety management purposes.
(3) Supervision of Employees
When our employees handle personal data, we will ensure that they are aware of the proper handling of personal information, provide them with appropriate training, and supervise them in a necessary and appropriate manner.
(4) Supervision of Contractors
In the event that we consign the handling of personal data to a third party, we will select a subcontractor that has taken appropriate security management measures and will exercise necessary and appropriate supervision over them.
7. Acceptance of Requests for Retained Personal Data
(1) When an individual or his/her representative requests notification of the purpose of use of retained personal data, we will notify the individual without delay, except in the following cases:
a) When the purpose of use of the retained personal data that identifies the person is clear
b) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual or a third party
c) When there is a risk of harm to our rights or legitimate interests
d) When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency or a local government in executing affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and when there is a risk of interfering with the execution of such affairs
(2) When an individual or his/her representative requests disclosure of retained personal data, we will notify the individual without delay, except in the following cases
a) When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the person or a third party
b) When there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper execution of our business
c) When it would violate laws and regulations
(3) If an individual or his/her representative requests the correction, addition, or deletion of his/her personal data, we will investigate without delay and take appropriate action based on the results.
(4) If an individual or his/her representative requests that we stop using or delete his/her personal data, or stop providing it to a third party, and there is a valid reason for the request, we will take appropriate action.
(5) In the case of requests from (1) to (4) above, please send the request to our contact form listed in 8 below.
8. Contact for Inquiries, etc. and Complaint Handling
For the legal and fair handling of personal information, we have established the following contact point: Click here